DIY Easter Decor Carrots made with Newspaper and Tape!

Oh my goodness, I just love me some cute little decor carrots to go along with all those fluffy bunnies at Easter time!

I saw some wicker type of carrots somewhere the other day.  Pinterest, Facebook… I don’t know. But I saw them. And they stuck in my brain. I had to have carrots! Cute ones too!

By sheer luck, this idea popped into my head while I was waiting in the parking lot at the school later that day, waiting to pick up Kennedy. I saw a sort-of-a-version of it on some kids craft show from the 80′s once and I don’t know what made me remember it now but I’m glad I did!

Newspaper and tape!

What?

No, really! Look!

Oops! Got my root vegetables a little mixed up there! Happens to the best of us, right?

But do you see how neat it is? We painted the carrots in various levels of orange because they do honestly look a little like parsnips in the natural color. Which is fine, but maybe not quite as cute.

The reason why I’m so obviously over-excited about these carrots isn’t just about these carrots.

It’s about the potential! I can make so many different things using this crazy little idea of mine. I just make a shape out of newspaper and tape and then wrap it in something! It’s going to be extraordinary!

And also, I just really like these carrots.

Subscribe by email to receive free posts straight to your inbox, or follow along using any (or all!) of the methods below!

Comments

Love it and what could be more perfect to go with a burlap bunny? And wow are you right the possibilities are endless! Thanks for sharing this great idea!
    peggy

Ok it’s a small… web?? BlogHer emailed me this post this AM and so I included these stinking adorable carrots in my Spring Craft round-up post that just went live moments ago. THEN I just saw that the Fabulous Ms.Marrs featured me and you commented! Too funny! I LOVE these carrots! Too cute!
    :) Claire

These are really cute. I just saw you at the spring linky party. I just bought one carrot for $4 yesterday made out of chenile. Not nearly as cute or as real looking as yours. This goes in my file..Happy Monday..Judy

I love these and I just happen to have some of that grassy stuff you are referring to!

I am off to pin this and will give it a shot!

I would love it if you would link this up at my In and Out of the Kitchen link party! It is live right now and will run through Wednesday evening.

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

I just made these! It was so easy and I’m about to paint them to see how they turn out. I haven’t added the stems at the top yet because they local WM had NOTHING! However, I don’t think it will be a problem to add them later as I left space. I’m adding them to a burlap wreath and am super excited to see the finished product! Thanks!

Made these FAB carrots this afternoon! So fun and so easy! I used orange tempura paint cuz that’s all I had. I cut some leaves from cane we have growing at our place.

I just saw my sisters pin of your carrots and had to check them out! You did a fantastic job! I’ve got to make some to hang on my front door….they will look so cute! Fantastic Idea!!!!

These are great! I ‘ve been trying to figure out how to cheaply make carrots for a wreath I am making. Fake carrots are an average of $3 each! Who has time for that? I was even considering paper mache or sewing felt ones. This seems fast. thank!

9. Jennifer says

I just made these! They turned out just like yours’ and I love them! I didn’t have newspaper so I used lined paper but worked just as well. Thanks for the idea!!

I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your carrot! You can see it here:

If you have other kid-friendly craft ideas, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a great project idea!

Trackbacks

1. […] You’ll be amazed at how easy these sweet rustic carrots are to make…and at what they’re made out of! Some fake grass, newspaper, and colored twine. With a bit of tape to keep things in place. Aren’t they charming? Perfect for a piece of your Easter vignette or on their own, these are a creative step away from the traditional bunnies and eggs décor.{found on creeklinehouse}. […]