Papered and Painted DIY Flooring

Today, I’m going to take you back to Kennedy’s room and her closet that we’ve been pluggin’ away at since last Summer. Like Summer 2011. I know, it’s just a closet.

When I last took you through this closet, I told you I’d be back in a few months to work on it a bit more. What can I say? I know myself well.

Now, I’ve finally got it finished. Mostly. Kind of. Well, here’s an update anyway.

Do you even remember her closet? It was a looong time ago. It looks like this:

And this:

And this:

And the bottom half used to look like this:

After we replaced the original baseboards, painted them up, and peeled back the tape, we were left with a bit of a mess.

I’d been looking for a little rug to put down in there after I finished with my kraft paper floor treatment, but hadn’t really found anything.

I came up with an easy fix that really was super quick to do. Much quicker than I thought it would be.

I touched up the paint on the walls, which took me all of 5 minutes. Then I quickly taped some wide stripes at 6 inch intervals.

The taping took maybe 10 minutes, the painting, about 20. Seriously, what took me so long to do this?

Well, you’ll notice that it’s still not quite done, because it could use some quarter round to finish up the bottom of the baseboards there.

The thing is, I waited so long to do this project, that we’re actually just in the process of getting ready to put down the real floors in there.

No more hideous yellow carpet for this room! That also means no more painted paper floor, but I still just had to try it out and see how it would work. I couldn’t believe how crisp the lines came out!

If you need a quick and easy, dirt cheap, temporary or permanent solution to an ugly floor, this just may be the ticket!

P.S. Closets are impossible to photograph! Impossible!

Comments

I love my paper floor in my bathroom. It’s been down since February and has held up nicely. We have a pool and one bathroom– so everyone that has to change out of a wet bathing suit uses our bathroom. It has lasted!
    I really want to put paper down in my kitchen now! The problem is…I’ve been torn between painting that floor or papering over it…this is the best of both ideas! I love it.
    Too bad you’re going to cover over it. I’d like to know how long the paint lasts!

My paper floor has been my popular post… Such an inexpensive and easy fix!

I love your stripes!!! Pat

Looks really great! I love the sripes! Sometimes I wonder, too what takes me so long to get going on projects that take no time at all. I hear you 100%!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

Love this post because I’m in the stages of convincing husband that we should paint ( our horrible ) bedroom floor!
    Thanks for giving me some back up lol
    and just love how it turned out – great job :)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

Looks nice. Wish I had gone your rout. I did the paint and poly over the plywood way. As cool as it looks I and getting slightly disappointed with how it is holding up. Where I covered the seams with wood filler is all splinting. Just look at it and it scratches up. It hasn’t been a month. If anyone is going to do this make sure your primer is tinted to your paint color!

It’s really very complicated in this active life to listen news on Television, so I simply use the web for that purpose, and get the most recent news.
    My webpagesmoking cds

Hey! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward
    this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Many thanks for sharing!

My web blog; http://submitlink.3owl.com/

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging
    on blogs I stumbleupon every day. It’s always exciting to read articles from other writers and use something from their sites.

Look into my webpage: insurance policy