Pottery Barn Kids-Inspired Halloween Countdown Calendar

OK, so first of all: Yes, this is a Halloween Post. Yes, I know what month it is. Yes, I have a calendar. (That last one was for Chris. His favorite joke lately is “Kennedy, go buy your mom a calendar. So funny, right?)

I’m doing this for you! After you see this, you may possibly get the inkling to make one yourself and now you’ll have plenty of time to assemble your materials.

See how nice I am?

Plus Kennedy and I have been in full-on Halloween gear-up mode for about three weeks now and I couldn’t wait any longer!

Now, this is not going to be a post bashing Pottery Barn Kids and their prices. I really love Pottery Barn and would buy everything from them if I could. I often order gifts for others from their website, but when I saw this idea in their latest catalogue, I thought I could make a decent version of their idea with Kennedy and it would be a fun way for us to spend some time together. Plus it cost me like $11 in materials.

This was such a fun project. We picked up some felt in orange, black and white.

The “body” of the haunted house is made up of full-sized felt pieces spaced out with smaller black rectangles. All pieces were attached with hot glue.

The “real” version has a few details that ours doesn’t, so we tried to add in a few easy details, like the scalloped edging there, to make it feel a little more special.

Cutting out the pockets was pretty simple, especially since the “inspiration” model had slightly imperfect looking pockets too. It just makes it look more “haunted”!

We cut out a few ghosts, pumpkins, and (the piece de resistance!) a little spider, stuck em’ on, and had some instant Halloween fun to hang up anywhere we wanted.

To mimic the different fonts and types of letting and numbering in the inspiration version, we used a mixture of scrap booking stickers and hand-drawn numbers.

Overall, the effect is not too bad!

The time commitment overall was probably about 2 hours spread out over a few days.

Well worth it I’d say to start a new tradition that just may last for years!

Go ahead and start your own new tradition this year too!

Comments

They surround discussed about the Halloween calendar shared it is interesting and astonishing post shared when we know that and used in this site. It is enlightening and attention-grabbing background communal on the site.

I think Halloween is my favorite holiday and as a teacher, I know first graders ADORE it. This would be so cute, too bad my kids are all grown. Such fun!

Awesome! I just checked out the original and your sis a pretty darn good “facsimilie” – and for a whole lot less $$$$$. Now to wait until the beginning of October. It must feel like forever for your daughter!!

That is cute! I must make this.Maybe I can get my sis to come over for a crafternoon and make one too. I agree with PBK prices being a little insane for some things. I’ll splurge on free ship toys & back packs (nice quality), but that’s about it. I haven’t checked yet but did you link this up to my textile party? It goes up on Thursday nights through Weds. every week. Anyhow, I see quite a few pretty fabric projects over here. ;) xo

I love Pottery Barn Kids. I really like the countdown calendar. My daughter would enjoy helping me make it. I am stopping by from I should be mop it up mondays. I’m also a new follower!

Gosh you guys are on a roll. Love Pottery Barn for kids, and I really like the countdown calendar. I always feel behind, just setting up my all let alone Halloween! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

They have define and published about the Halloween calender so that can know that in this types matter and all the information in this post. The good worked about matter and do enjoy it. Many people are connected in this matter and creative also.

I wanted one from PBK and thought $60 way too much. I googled for DIY and saw your post. You inspired me and I did my own. I put a lot more appliques than PBK and it took longer. But the end result is great. Thanks for the inspiration!

Simply want to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clarity to your submit is just spectacular and i can suppose you are a professional on this subject.
    Fine together with your permission let me to grasp your feed to keep updated with imminent post.
    Thanks 1,000,000 and please keep up the enjoyable work.
    Review my website registry cleaner review