A Pinterest Inspired Halloween Party… in August

Last week we decided to throw together a little “party” for Kennedy and a couple of her friends. It was a good way to keep them occupied and happy for an afternoon, and since her friends agree that Halloween is the most exciting thing ever and it’s totally appropriate to do Halloween crafts 2 and a half month early. That’s exactly what we did.

Straight to Pinterest I went! Suddenly I looked like the funnest mom ever. Ha! Got them fooled!

Do you recognize which ideas are the popular Pinterest ideas?

Right. All the good ones.

The soda bottle Jack O Lantern is originally from here.

The fruit cup Jack O Lantern idea is originally from here.

The cute marshmallow ghost bowl is from here.

Gummy bears on a stick. Ooooo. Scary!

We decorated up the dining room to set the mood, but honestly it turned out pretty terrible other than this crepe paper in the arches. A good test run for the real deal. Now I know what not to do.

Of course the whole point of the afternoon was to do some Halloween crafts with the kids.

More Pinterest favorites were done of course. Maybe we’ll save that Halloween overload for another day, closer to the actual holiday.

I think three Halloween posts in a row in August are probably enough, don’t you?

P.S. If you don’t think three Halloween posts in a row in August are enough, you can check out my Halloween Pinterest board to hold you over!

Comments

Yay, I see some great ideas! My little one’s birthday is really close to Halloween so we usually combine the 2 parties. Thanks for reminding me to get on to some of the party planning!

The Halloween party good because in this party is very creative and enjoyable also when be used and do more enjoy it in this blogger also. The greatest and creative also.

Some really great ideas, and don’t you just love fall! Great treats for the little ones, but then I would probably be nibbling myself! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

The lovely and wonderful party shared because they have good arrangement in this party and do enjoy it. Many people are go to in that place and do more enjoy it.When we used in this connected and creative efforts for the lovely tract shared.

Those poor gummy bears! Great party. My weekly linky party–One Creative Weekend–has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit “One Creative Weekend” on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

Excellent post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!
    Also visit my weblog : Work from home jobs

Wonderful items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff
    previous to and you’re simply extremely great. I actually like what you’ve got right here, certainly
    like what you are saying and the way in which wherein
    you are saying it. You’re making it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.
    Also visit my web page klumby.com