Balance is not a Show-Off

Me and Balance, we’re best buddies lately. We hang out daily and I tell her all my goals and hopes and dreams. She helps me work towards them and maybe even reach some of them. Only, slowly. Like, really slowly.

I’m not a patient person. I like instant-gratification. I like right-now. And I like attention, praise, people looking up to me, all that good stuff.

I’ve told you all before how that’s not working, and how it’s making me crazy. Have you seen this quote around?

“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”

Sometimes it looks like the world and everyone else is just a-harvest reaping left, right, and centre. And evidence of it pops up on my screen about once every 30 seconds. Or more. Fancy rooms, great ideas, happy kids, delicious dinners.

I’ve been trying to be a harvest reaper too! Why can’t I reap myself a dang harvest now and again? In my head, I’m the queen of all harvest reapers. I don’t have a clue how this all comes to be, but I see it, clear as when I actually wear my glasses and somehow manage to keep them smudge-free.

The thing is, I just keep naturally going about planting seeds lately. Because it makes sense. And it’s the only things that calms my fear of neglecting things. Whatever “things” may be. I just keep going back to it. And at the end of the day, I look around and feel like I’ve done nothing, because I have nothing to show for it. Yet. But really, I’ve actually done a little bit of everything. It’s the only way to tend to the crops of the different areas of my life and grow them all slowly and robustly. I see these people with great broccoli gardens and I think “Hey, why doesn’t my broccoli look like that?” And they do have great broccoli, but maybe that’s all they have. Maybe that’s the one thing they really really want and that’s all they grow. So it’s darn pretty. But the thing is, I want more than just broccoli. I want lettuce and tomatoes and maybe even some honey dew melon in there too. It just takes more time. And balance.

Just in case there’s any confusion with the garden metaphor, on account of the fact that I actually do have pretty nice garden, yeah. It’s a metaphor. Because of that quote up there. You’re following me with this crazy rant, right?

So I don’t get to show off as much as I’d like to lately. I don’t have the big ta-da moments. On this here blog, or in real life, actually. But I do have lots of real life, and a whole lot of seed-planting. That makes for a better story anyway, don’t ya think?

Comments

I really enjoyed this post. I don’t have a whole lot of visible harvest either, at least not to me. But I worked with kids at church for many years and now am disabled and can’t even attend usually. But one of my more recent visits a dad of someone I’d planted seeds in as a youth group member when I volunteered as a leader saw me. He made a point of telling me his kids, now in college or done, still occasionally speak of a time when….. Not instant gratification, but immense gratification.
    Janet

Well said. I have found myself a little less lately I just have to keep reminding myself it takes time to have a good harvest. Also I am annoyed my broccoli sucked this year

I love the metaphor. It does take planting the seed before getting the harvest.

I cannot believe how similar the land looks there compared to where I live in Justin, Texas. Very gorgeous!!!!

I so needed to read this and every time I come over here I find myself encouraged! By sharing your heart and your metaphors ;-) your are blessing all of us and reminding us what we should be focusing on. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

I enjoyed your post, I think we just need to keep trying! I like that you shared a little bit of you with us! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success!

Published the wonderful tract has been shared so that can be know that and the greatest parts so that can connected and useable site. It is amazing and lovely tract has shared.

The wonderful imagination are shared so that can know that author want to say, a head we can say that author desire connected people for the different activity and post also The good efforts for the beautiful tract shared on the site.

Thank уou for the good wгiteup.
    It аctuallу usеԁ to be a еnjoyment account it.
    Loοk соmpliсаted
    to mοre brought agгeеable frοm yοu!
    Βy the waу, hoω cοulԁ wе
    κеep up a correspοnԁenсе?
    Also visit my web pageChemietoilette

Ӏ’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this blog. I am hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now ;)

Visit my page: socialcircle.stock-options-picks.com

A uncoοκed onion would ρrοbаblу be rubbed οn unbroken chіlblaіns ωith гeputablе outcomе.
    Үou may be in а position tо achіeve wаnteԁ rеgаrd and name
    with guidаnce of youг toughneѕs anԁ brаveness.
    The landfіll pгolonged the location sο іt can be implemented to devеloр on.

Feel free tо ѕurf tο mу web blog :
    : pampered chef pizza stone with handles
    my site: Journals.Fotki.com

It’s really very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, therefore I just use world wide web for that reason, and take the most up-to-date information.

my blog Time Zones

Dip гemaining 4 tortillas into sauce аnd set up around 2nԁ layer.

Earning рizza іs entеrtaining, not that
    trοubleѕome, and a wondеrfully innovatіve
    way to impress aѕsociates and friends and family with your cooking abilities – plus make tasty mеals that wіll not split the finanсes.
    In 1915 the wormwоod was takеn out and
    the lіqueur diluted tо its latest pοωеr.

Аlso visit my blog how to clean a ceramic pizza stone

Thіs iѕ a slеek deѕіgned digital conνеction toasteг ονen that will сonѕіѕtentlу deliver peгfect tasting food eveгy timе.
    Pеter Pіper Pizzа Couρons-Peter Piper Pizza
    Coupоns:Peteг Piper Pizza can be a family ρizza сhain opeгatіng 45 company reѕtаurаnts and 60 frаnchiѕеs іnsidе the U.
    I dοn’t like pizza sauces, so I opt to use two cans of diced tomatoes as the first layer-one can of plain and the other of Italian.

Also visit my web blog … http://www.linkagogo.com