What a difference a week can make

Oh man. It is so cold right now. Temperatures this week are plunging around here. Let’s look back on happier times, shall we?

These photos were taken last week, which show a huge change from the photos I showed you that were taken just a week before. Nature is fun!

The shrubs need trimming, the siding needs a good power wash, but aren’t those little flowers on the maple trees pretty?

These purple crocuses are out now along with the white ones.

More trimming needed here I see!

This lilac bush is starting to fill in nicely. So excited!!!

Chris decided to rip out this fence around the back of the house last weekend so we can have this big sloping lawn. While he was at it, he threw together this sandbox for Kennedy. I’m picturing a little path leading down to it and maybe a tire swing? Perfect!

We had to destroy a sad little flower garden when we took the fence down, so I saved the tulips in it and moved them to under one of the maple trees. I don’t really expect them to bloom this year, but they’re definitely doing much better than I thought they would.

They aren’t selling pansies and other annuals around here yet, but these few in here somehow managed to survive the move and the winter and are blooming like crazy now. I bought these last April!

We’re ready for a lot more big time gardening this year. We’ve got a little staging area set up between the garage and the house for all of our landscaping materials.

But that will have to wait. I’m not going out there for at least a few days! It’s frigid!

Comments

What a pretty place! Love all your trees, flowers and green grass! You can see for miles! Looks like you have made a good head start on your gardening plans. Can’t wait to watch things come together. Kennedy is a lucky girl to have a Daddy to build her that great sandbox! I just found some old toy cars and trucks (and one boat)in my children’s long ago sandbox this past summer when I was putting in a new garden to commemorate my Mom. Bittersweet memories! xx

Spring had me fooled too. Last week we were in shorts…this week I’m back in winter clothes. Soon, right? Thanks for sharing your inspiring photos at DIYbyDesign.

You have a lovely home. I know what you mean about spring fooling us. We had summer weather here last week, but this week it’s chilly. I’m your newest follower, btw. Hope you’ll stop by my blog when you get a chance.

Your home and property are lovely! Spring is in full swing here in AZ, but we’ll be really hot soon enough.
    Thanks for the looky loo!

What a beautiful piece of property you have! You’re going to have such a wonderful time making it into the perfect land for your home.

Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home!

Love your garden. I agree. I was loving last week’s weather. I think I got spoiled. Now it feels really cold. But last winter there was still snow on the ground at this time.

GORGEOUS!!! we are adding a few new garden areas around our property this spring/summer and can’t wait for the warm weather to arrive!!! xo HHL

What a beautiful farm! Such pretty landscaping! Don’t you just adore living out in the country with all that space around you? Supposed to be warmer around here tomorrow! :)

xoxo laurie

Wow — I love your property!! It looks like a beautiful farm. I love the house, barns, creek, everything! It must be wonderful to live there. What part of the country are you in?

Visiting from Seasonal Sundays; hope you have a great weekend.

Denise

You have a gorgeous yard. I would love to have all that land. I bet it’s a lot of work keeping it together. You’re doing great job!