Early October Mini Tour

Hey hey. I just wanted to pop in and show you a few pics from around the property right now. I took these a few days ago as the leaves were starting to really get fally.

Here’s our house on a beautiful sunny Fall day. You’ve seen our mudroom entrance way already, but I guess this sort of our “real” front entrance decorations. Although we don’t use that entrance. Chris decorated the front of the house for me using corn stalks, a pumpkin, a hay bale, and a big ol rusty corn thresher he found in the garage attic. How cool is that?

He also found this big plastic light up pumpkin up there. I have to admit that I love it. It’s cheery and big and you can see it from the road.

You want a closer view of our corn thresher don’t you?

Here you go!

He’s actually updating the decorations by adding more pumpkins and some leaf piles since I took these, but alas, I haven’t been out there with my camera again yet.
I keep thinking that when our house is all big and fancy and renovated in a few years, these photos will make for good “first year” memories.
The 13 giant maples around the property are just starting to change color and drop their leaves. What are we going to do with all those leaves??!!?
We have some red too.
Looking back towards the house. You can see the soy fields here are starting to change. Many of the other fields around here are already completely brown and are being harvested.
A blue sky and the barn peeking out over the browning corn fields. Can’t wait to watch all that corn being harvested soon!

Comments

Your home looks so nice!!! It looks like you are on a big piece of property, I’d be dancing in that garden of yours with the music turned waayyy up! Oh and yes, that would be a lot of leaves to rake for sure! Do you cover your gardens with the leaves for the Winter? That corn looks awesome too!

I love your big giant plastic pumpkin and your front door decorations. The house looks so pretty surrounded by the big maple trees and all the fields. Very ‘fally’. That will be a lot of leaves to rake! Will you jump into the piles? xx

I had to laugh when you asked what you were going to do with all of those leaves, Courtenay! lol! I ask myself the exact thing every fall when those leaves start messing up my yard! lolol! Time to get out my blower…… :)

xoxo laurie

I love the look of your farm house, but truly do not want the leaves that go with it. I have enough of my own. I love the leaves until it rains, UGH! Would you please share this cute post at my 1st Sunday’s Best Party. You need to share!

having just read about your impending garden, rake those leaves up and use them as mulch for the garden, or bag them up and let them rot down to dig into the garden next year….free compost!!.

6. Betty819 says

If you don’t already have a leaf shredder, it might be a good investment. You can use shredded leaves for mulch and soil conditioner. Now we’ll have to introduce you to some of the garden blogs and get you interested into Wintersowing. Check out gardenweb.com. It’s FREE and the members there are friendly and very helpful and sharing of their knowledge, experiences and seeds. Another gardening blog is Dave’s Garden but that’s a paid site but only $19.95 per year.
    Both sites have a lot of good features.