Mason Jar Porch Light and a Little Peek

I’ve been working on something.

Maybe a little obsessively.

But who doesn’t love a good Fall entryway?

Well, I’m sure there are plenty of people who don’t care about a good entryway, but I’m not one those people.

I certainly don’t not love a good Fall entryway.

Know what I mean?

I had this idea to replace the glass on our mudroom porch light with a mason jar, and it must have been a good one because within about five minutes, Chris had it done for me. All it took was a little clear hockey tape for stickyness and a few longer screws.

And what’s that just beyond the light you see? Is that the makings of a super awesome Fall front door scheme thingy?

More on that soon…

*Update* See this new post from October 2012 for more info on how to make this light happen for you! I made a discovery while changing out the bulb!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Hi Courteney, Just stumbled upon your blog today while at a linky party. Gotta say I love your blog and I truly love the mason jar porch light. Brilliant! I also left suburbia and although we are not exactly in the country, we bought an old house in a small town this past year. We have arched doorways and glass door knobs too. There was also a horribly weird (dirty mauve) paint color on most of the walls some of which I have managed to paint over, but our house is still very much a work in progress. Your house is gorgeous even with it’s flaws and I am becoming a new follower to see the progress on your restoration. Maybe I can learn a few things from you. Have a terrific day and don’t get discouraged when you see things you don’t exactly like (like the peel-n-stick flooring). I hope you’ll stop by beyond the portico. I think we have some “house” things in common. Maybe we can help each other.

Absolutely love the mason jar light! I remember when I was a kid, my grandmother had mason jars screwed above the doorways inside the house with artificial flowers in them. I always loved it when she’d unscrew them and put different flowers/arrangements in them.

I’m stopping over from Cozy Little House and had to comment on your light. Fabulous! I would have never thought of it, but it looks like it was made that way.

I saw some mason jar lights on Pinterest today. I was wondering if they get hot since they are enclosed.

Dropping by from Met Monday.

Allison
    Atticmag
    Vintage Gumwood Cabinet Kitchen

I love this idea and pinned it. thank you so much for linking up to my party Show and Share! hope to see you again this week!

A mommy’s life…with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

6. Betty819 says

Clear, hockey tape…that’s a new one to me..what does hockey tape look like. Never heard of it and I’m curious!