Putting It All on the Line

Since coming to the new house, I find myself making excuses to do the laundry as often as I can….

Do you love your laundry too?

Comments

I love laundry, well I don’t so much like the folding and putting away, but I do love the warmer weather which allows me try dry things on the line. Especially if I’ve had a delivery of fabric, all those fab coloured fabrics wafting in the breeze, sigh, summer sure doesn’t last long enough!

I used to love the excuse to get outside so I loved to hang my laundry. Loved the fresh smell, too. I wish I had the time now to do it…your pictures have me missing those sweet summer days!

XO,
    Janie

Hi Courtenay, thanks for your sweet comment at C&V! I hate laundry, but after seeing your pics, I wouldn’t think twice about doing laundry.

What pretty snaps you’ve taken. I just might enjoy doing laundry more if I had room for a line and had a view like yours. When I was a little girl, I would wear the clothes pin bag and had each clothes pin to my mother as she hung out the clothes on the line!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

I have just had a look around your blog and think your new house looks lovely- can’t wait to see what you do with it.
    I have been “off” laundry for a while but a new clothes line and renovated laundry have made me excited about the daily wash again!

Ever since my husband put my clothesline back up..I’m addicted!! Love the smell.. I guess I just enjoy the actual act of hanging clothes.. it makes me feel like I really did laundry and not just tossing them in a dryer to be dried!! Love your clothesline!!

I wish I could say that I loved laundry. :)

Although I do admit, there is something very appealing about the idea of the clothesline. A quiet day, the smell of fresh laundry, a cool summer breeze–I do believe you might have inspired me to try to love my laundry!

8. Betty819 says

I grew up in rural NC and there is just something about hanging clothes outside that I like, except in cold weather. Hope you have a dryer for those winter months!

Do your or any of your immediate family members have allergies to pollen,etc.? Some research reports I’ve read for people that have pollen allergies, it is best not to dry clothes outside. Nothing smells better than to lay your head on fresh air-dried pillow case/sheets, blankets but if there is pollen all over it and you’re allergic, it could turn into some issues. But enjoy the fresh air..I’ll bet you’ll sleep better at nights; probably all the fresh air and probably quieter than the city sounds.